Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!


Wow...2008.It just seems like yesterday we were celebrating the new millenium...

I started out this year by renewing my (oops!) expired licensed plates...a very friendly and kind officer pulled me over on New Year's Eve on my way home from my doctor's appointment and imformed me that my plates were expired (I had completely no idea nor no idea why I was being pulled over either!). Thankfully, he was a kind and oh so gracious officer and let me go on my way with the kind reminder to get my plates renewed ASAP. So, as of today, I am now current for two years. (Check that off the to do list.)

As I was writing in my 08 planner (putting in birthdays and such) I happened across the quote at the top of the calendar. It said,

" A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."-unknown

I thought that kind of rang true. Nonetheless, here are my thoughts and/or resolutions for 2008:



  • drink more water and less Diet Pepsi

  • build more muscle and own less fat (LOL)

  • have more patience and less blowups

  • more balance and less stress

  • more forgiveness and less criticism

  • more positivity and less negativity

  • more prayer and less sinfulness

  • more reading and less TV

  • more fiscal responsibility and less waste

  • more charity, tithing and volunteering and less frivolous spending

  • more simplicity and less complexity

  • more family and friends and less telelmarketers and junk mail

  • more gratitude and less greed

  • more peace and less chaos

Well, those are a few of my thoughts on the new year. How 'bout you? What are your resolutions or goals for 2008? In looking back over my goals for 07 it has been kind of neat to look back and see how far I've come and also where there is still room for improvement.


Another goal I have is to document more of my everyday life, or my "Daily something" as Ali E. calls it. So, I plan to do my best to take at least one picture a day and at least document my daily life in a photorecord-even if I may not be able to blog daily or journal daily. I think it will be neat to look back and see what I thought was important enough or significant enough to document on each of the days of 2008. Sound fun? Give it a try! So, here's Day 1 of 2008- a pic of my beautiful cousin and her handsome hubby (We brought in the new year with them!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)