Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

  • VETERANS...Thank you to all of the individuals who sacrificed it all so that my family and myself; those who have gone before me and those that will follow--thank you for making it possible for all of us to know FREEDOM. LIBERTY. LIFE and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
  • for my eyesight and for my health. Monday was my 6 month follow-up on my breast biopsy. After a brief bit of unnecessary worry-(The tech called me back in for a lateral view and then sent me to another room (one in which brought me much worry this past spring) for an ultrasound). I got the results I wanted. No cancer. Follow up in 6 months. The area in question on the mammogram was indeed what I had thought it was: post-surgical scar tissue at/near the incision site. (I am grateful that I think I didn't stress out enough to trigger another iritis attack).
I am grateful for my eyes and for my health b/c I just finished watching Oprah and saw the tragedy that happened to Charla Cash, the woman who was so savagely attacked by Travis; the exotic chimpanzee back in Feb. of this year. Her interview was so heart-wrenching and yet so inspiring. I was happy to hear she has no memory of the day and I pray she never does.
My intentions are to try and post each day (up through Thanksgiving) something I am thankful for. I got this idea from Ali Edward's blog, who got the idea from Molly Irwin. (and so on...and so on...and so on). ;)
Thank you God for my health and the health of my family. Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)