Monday, August 01, 2011

August Kit is available @ Freehand Scraps | My Kit Reveal

Fellow Blogland Scrappers! Freehand Scraps August Kit is up for sale today and it is full of everything vintage and lovely. This momma of two boys was thrilled to scrap with frills and lace and delicate things! However, a great part of this kit is that some of the reverse sides of these paper are very gender neutral or boy friendly. I chose to scrap mostly vintage photos this month because I am fortunate to have several on hand that were waiting to be scrapped. My grandmothers were not scrapbookers but they were both very good at documenting everyday life. Both had daily journals and both were very good about writing names and dates and ages on the back of photos. My GREAT-grandfather on my mom's side actually made scrapbooks! I am very fortunate to be the "Memory Keeper's" Great-Grand"daughter" of them. Some day I'll try to post some pics of the scrapbooks. Such treasures!
Anyways, on to the reveal:

Here I mixed together the white and pink trim from Crate Paper included in the kit to make this pretty bloom. The Prima leaves are from an old stash of mine. I used Glubers to hold it together as well as the pink baker's twine circles on the card.



Click on photo to view larger.
 I added a little hand stitching to this favorite Crate Paper. (It was begging me to stitch on it! ;)
 I did some machine stitching too. A little washi printed tape tucked beneath the bird silhouette's wing.
--Used my vintage Royal typewriter (the same model Ernest Hemingway used to type his famous collection of works) to type up journaling strips.
--Touches of spray inks and chipboard buttons.
Here's a quick and easy card I made. So fun to have instant gratification! :)
 My niece Shelby got her license last fall. A milestone that had to be documented. Look at the pretty young thang and that cute little new "Fit" behind her. So precious!
 Sorry about the wonky crop here. (My equilibrium must have been off that day! lol)
 Loved working with the Crate ruffle trim and Basic Grey lace doily to make this embellie above. Used a leftover Gluber from the April Freehand Scraps kit (Sold out now).

 My mom and my uncle as kiddos with a huge catch of fish. Loved looking back at favorite (and still current) pastimes of theirs that they shared/share in common.



After 5 layouts and 2 cards, I still have more from this kit to play with (and plan to!-I'll post pics later as I do).
Head on over to Freehand Scraps to get you own kit and be sure to check out the Design Team Gallery for more inspiration! Happy vintage scrapping! It is quite the trend right now. (And you know you've got some vintage photos packed away somewhere that have stories begging to be told! If not, I have shown you ways to make them Millenium Modern. ;) Also, there are even more fun trinkets and embellies that were added to the kits after I got to play with my kit. So, if there are times you don't see me scrapping with some major loveliness that you see in the kits, it's not because I choose not to. it's just because of when things ship to Elaine from the manufacturers. But YOU do not miss out on these lovelies! So take full advantage and grab your kit before they sell out rapidamente like last month's kit!

Have a happy scrappy day!
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)