Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Diagnosis for my Sister

ALL...Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.

Talked with my sis briefly this evening before her oncologist beeped in and she had to of course take his call. She was in pretty good spirits given her situation. Was telling me how her friend brought her McDonald's french fries and Jelly Bellys after she had completed the barrage of tests. Happy that she was able to eat what she wanted and enjoy a very small part of her day.

They have already put ports in and started chemo today according to my mom. We'll probably get more of the "game plan" tomorrow. I do know that her doctors have been in consultation with doctors at Mayo clinic and other reputable hospitals across the country.
Oh, and her lymph nodes weren't affected. Another positive. Got my running list of questions to get answered, but for those of you interested in learning more, I've been reading this: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/Leukemia-AcuteLymphocyticALLinAdults/DetailedGuide/leukemia-acute-lymphocytic-what-is-all. It answers a lot of questions some of you might have.
Thanks again for your continued prayers of support.
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)