Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lots of Catching Up to Do

preparing for a trip to St. Louis Got back home from Colorado late Tuesday night and have been scrambling to get unpacked, laundry done and ready for ringing in the New Year tomorrow night. Also picked up Mick's new work vehicle and stopped by Best Buy for new washer and dryer and Ashley's for new kitchen table and chairs.
My sister's divorce was finalized yesterday and I found this news out as I was also hearing word of my dear friend's dad passing yesterday evening.

(BREATHE)

So... planning a day trip to St. Louis with my "Sistas" (Scrapping gals that Jules and I are part of) Julie's son, Nathan, is a dear friend of my boys. So sad for all of the family but especially for Nathan as he lost both of his Grandpas within 9 months of each other. And Nate is only 9. Lots of prayers needed as Julie's mom and brother both have health issues and are in need of much attention.
Meanwhile, my mom is visiting and my in-laws are arriving Tuesday to celebrate Christmas with us. Then Thursday Mick's aunt and uncle will visit as well. The boys go back to school Wed. so I am trying to figure out where I am going to find the time to take the tree and Christmas decor down, purge and organize for 2011, plan school for Ethan AND get my December Daily completed while working on my One Little Word for 2011:

J.O.Y


As in prioritizing my life in this fashion:
1. Jesus
2. Others 
3. Yourself (in this case, myself)

I guess I just need to jump start my new year and follow the directives of this one little word...this one little acronym...

...to find the joy in my daily little ole life!


Hope to post some trip pics soon.
Til then...take care you and here's to a healthy and "J.O.Y."-ful new year!
Hugs,
Suz

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're having a fabulous Christmas! I'm so excited to see that your "one little word" is also JOY! I wanted a tangible reminder for my year - so I just ordered this: http://store.dayspring.com/joypofrhe.html Praying that your joy may be full in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)