Monday, December 20, 2010

Day Nineteen

Playing a bit of catch up...hope to post an update on previous day pages by tomorrow. I've been trying to savor the time spent with family while compiling my Dec daily. Sometime the savoring has overridden the compilation...and that's ok.


Here's Day 19:
Our church sermon today was awesome as was the music! Phillip spoke a great message on "The Peace of Christmas." It was a sermon in a series he has been speaking entitled "I'll Be Healed For Christmas."
All about the hurt and sadness many people face during the holidays. All about forgiveness and healing.
Good stuff.
 I took apart a Maya Road envelope so that I could stitch the "Church" onto it and punch holes. Then I trimmed part of my church bulletin down to fit inside it.
 The left side of the page was something that had been in the creative works for a few weeks. I was playing with my Martha Stewart snowflake punches and thought it would be fun to use the negative of the punches also to make larger snowflakes. I actually had started to layout a Christmas card design of "quilted" snowflakes (since the hexagon sharped snowflakes look so much like a traditional quilt pattern) but haven't quite found the time for that yet. Anyway, when I then saw Ali post a page a few days ago, I decided to add it into my DD instead. (I still plan to make the card too).



 Photo taken at church was with my iPhone so it was definitely a bit grainy-tried to edit it in iPhoto but it didn't help much. I still like the feel of it anyways.
 I changed out the plain twine for some MS baker's twine to pull some red into the right side of the page.

 Back side of envelope with Maya Mist, stitching and handwritten sentiments.


Onward to Day 20! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)