Wednesday, July 19, 2006

some days...
do not go as planned. Today was one of them. It didn't matter that we got up two ours before we had to be at tennis- we still managed to get out the door without hats, our thermos of ice cold water. Oh, and did I mention that we somehow didn't get home from Ian's baseball game last night with the thermos so I had to dig out an ancient one from back in my days of HS tennis. I actually dropped Ian off at the tennis drill and Boo and I ran to local dollar store for a hat and canteen and a few Aquafinas. He managed to get through the drill without any heat stroke-hit 102+ heat index today...sweltering...........at least their was a teeny weeny breeze while we were there. So...

we got a call this pm from an older gentleman who said (guess what?)his daughter had found our thermos at the park. Yippee! We went to go pick it up. Nice people. Kind of them to track us down. Sure made for a good end to a day that started out less than optimal. Refreshing to know there are still good people out there. I discussed the whole thing with the boys and we talked about paying things forward and about doing the right thing. Hopefully some of it sunk in.

This afternoon Ian took up digital scrapbooking for the first time. He'll probably be helping me out before I know it! That's a-ok by me! I can certainly use the help.

Got new neighbors yesterday at the end of the street. Haven't met them yet-but know they ride well-sporting a sleek black Mercedes. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have boys our kids' age. I'm not betting any money on it though-since they drive a Mercedes-I doubt they have kids. If they do they probably don't get to ride in it1 LOL
Sorry for the sarcasm-it's getting late.

It's supposed to be record heat again tomorrow. Maybe we'll catch a movie-haven;t been to one in over a year. I know the boys would like Over the Hedge or Cars. We'll see how the day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)