Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cocoa Daisy March Kit; Grey Street

Hi all! Happy Thursday to you!! I am back to share with you me gallery for Cocoa Daisy; March edition.


This kit is all about lovely greens and blues as well as pops of yellow and red/orange. A really fabulous combination of patterned papers and exclusives that had me swooning and I think they will you too. Kits are available to subscribers now and to the public on March 1.

Without further ado...

Grey Street:










Love the exclusive flair below:

 Here I have used an exclusive printable from the lovely and talented Martha Bonneau that is free to subscribers ("I've got an idea" tag). Here is my usual extra insert that I do:

 Journaling for the layout below is tucked behind photo and within the ephemera of the hotel trifold brochure. I stitched along my airfare ticket and the DITL card and tucked the photo and brochure beneath. Again, I used the washi tape along the green diagonal stripe of the patterned paper below.
Did I mention how much I love the exclusive flair this month!? Sigh.


 I used the October Afternoon Happiness Washi tape included in the main and ran it along the green stripe of the patterned paper and trimmed with a craft knife as show below. I was careful to cut lightly
so as not to accidentally score through the patterned paper beneath.
 
 This layout holds a special place in my heart. The inspiration for this layout was the song sung by Nat King Cole; Just Smile. I wrote a portion of the lyrics on the DITL journaling card below. Love my niece and nephew so, so much! They continue to amaze me with their kind hearts and positive attitudes after losing their momma nearly three years ago.

 I love the acetate cards and the exclusive wood veneers this month!
 For the card below, I used my craft knife again and scored alone the sides of the stitched lines to form an arrow end.


 I created this card using a masking technique and the fish bone stamp from the stamp sub. The October Afternoon Catch Phrase Roller Stamp was used for the title sentiment as well as the interior sentiment.


 This card was created using the main and the stamps in the main.
 I painted the October Afternoon Chipboard Daily Flash alphas with Red Wagon SprINKlers to help this sentiment pop off of the card. Just a simply way to alter alphas and expand the creative stretch of your kits.
There ya have it! I have one more layout completed and one more in the works with the exclusive patterned papers from Grey Street. I will be back to post them once I have completed and photographed. Have a beautiful day! Happy scrapping shopping to you all. Don't forget, you can find more inspiration of how these kits were created by clicking hereCocoa Daisy Design Team March Galleries
Suz


1 comment:

  1. Suz, You've been busy. Love all your layouts and designs. You are so creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)