Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Project Life | Travel Edition Vega$ and CHA Summer 2013


New Tuesday Everyday life documented blog header
Hi All! Back to share with you a Travel Edition of Project Life. Last week Mick and I vacationed in Vegas celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and attending the CHA (CreateNConnect) summer show. (I attended that solo! -LOL) ;)
Knowing that I wouldn't be able to scrap on the road this time due to luggage restrictions and time, I simply collected ephemera all week including, tickets, napkins, coasters, and other small items to add to my layouts.
Here is my intro page which I added as I could no longer fit any more pages into my album!! So this year is broken into two albums and our summer trip and CHA seemed to be a good place to break the year up into two.
PLIntroPgAlbum2
I cut out the bracket frame (below "Hello There") with my Xacto knife and added some color behind it. The Becky Higgins PL kit cards from the shop came in very handy in simplifying the process and helping me get this week documented relatively quickly.
Here is the left side:
PLJUly22leftside
I pieced together a bunch of sentiment stickers from Fancy Pants to add to the "love this place" PL card and layered a few other PL cards together to create the Monday card. 
LovethisplacePcardcrop

Here is a portion of the insert I added to my spread. It houses a bunch of journaling from the PL Days of the Week cards that are in the shop along with some pictures and ephemera (hotel coasters). 
PLinsertES
I will simply stitch through the page protector a bit to keep the coasters from falling out. (Thanks Ali Edwards for your continuous inspiration!) 
Here I have added a portion of a napkin from Serendipity 3 ( the restaurant known for it's frozen hot chocolate). I plan to add some more journaling to the "this is life" journaling card as well.
PLserendipity3
  PLrightVegas

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to ask questions in the comment section if you have any! Have a great day!
Suz's name for blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)