Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

(Card I made for my sister who's going through some tough times).



was beautifully boyish. I mean, I am a momma to two blue-eyed boys, ya know! The day started with breakfast in bed at Big Grandma's Cabin-a homemade sausage, egg and cheese biscuit made with my new favorite bun:

and some beautiful cards with lovely sentiments inside:


How cute and how sweet! Awe...



And then it was a viewing of "Brothers" while the boys played some Game Cube. For lunch we had left over (divinely scrumptious) pulled pork sandwiches that I made the night before with an accompanying Ramen noodle coleslaw poppyseed salad complete with Craisins and sunflower seeds.



And some awesome gifts (as if the aforementioned wasn't enough):

I can't wait to give these a trial run, "Suzer Millan" style!
A hand created gift from Boo to cherish for years to come:

I can't wait to frame it. And it's a flower that lasts forever. Yeah me!


After lunch, the boys kicked the soccer ball around for a bit and played with the TV antenna (disclaimer: do not attempt this without adult supervision-lol). And we played some games.



Our evening ended after a trip to Sonic for some slushies and dinner; a yummy Caprese salad and a viewing of Sweet Home Alabama. The perfect end to a perfectly laid back Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Freehand Scraps love here on your blog! Your owls are SO cute!...it's no wonder why you and Lexi are friends! She loves owls too :)

    I saw your post about the snake in the garage...are you sure that you and Lexi didn't have the same one visit your houses? She had one that looked SO similar!

    xo,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)