Saturday, February 27, 2010

What My Sweetie Got For Valentine's Day

a homemade card (of course!)



complete with clues within the text of the card. And, if that wasn't enough of a hint, the back of the card housed a color photograph of the real gift!


I know, I know...a bit corny with the sentiments...but so very appropriate for the gift given, no?


Needless to say, the VitaMix blender is a huge hit in this household. We use it every day-not just for protein shakes and smoothies, but we've also made ice cream, frozen yogurt, asparagus soup, pesto and even homemade peanut butter! All in just a few minutes-each recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make. And soooo much healthier than the very same items purchased in the grocery store.


Oh, my gift you ask? Well, one may find this funny, or think my DH is in the doghouse for getting me this item, but before one passes judgment, let me just say that the item I received is exactly what I asked for. Seriously!


A label maker. I'm such a practical girl. And, no, this was not a re-gifted label maker that couldn't find a new home (as in the infamous Seinfeld episode). I was with him when it was purchased at our local Sam's Club!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous that you have the VitaMix blender! I saw it in Costco about 2 years ago and wanted it after watching the demonstration. You will have to let me know if you continue to use it. Now I want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome and worth every penny! I got it refurbished with the same 7 year warranty as buying new and saved about $100+ . Nothing at all wrone with the machine-brand new condition. We use it every day, several times a day. Best peanut butter-EVAH! BTW-have you used your Kitchen-Aid mixer yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)