Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Happy 100th Birthday Angel Gpa C




I can't believe you've been gone 7 years now. Even though you lived a long and full life of 92.5 years, I still miss:
  • your smile
  • your laughter
  • your humor
  • your voice
  • your snore
  • watching you come back from a walk downtown after having coffee with your classic "Gramps" hat and newspaper
  • the smell of your Old Spice after shave
  • golfing with you and looking alongside the fairway for lost (&found!) balls
  • walking to the library and checking out books with you
  • going to the farm and picking strawberries, rhubarb and asparagus
  • being treated to dinner out at the Chanticleer with their awesome string onions and Shirley Temples
  • watching golf and boxing (while you shuffle your feet along with the boxers trying to avoid the next punch) together while snacking on one of our favorites: Nestle Crunch ice cream bars
  • your ability to energize a room with your charisma
  • your abilityto make sure everyone was having a good time
  • your larger than life presence in a room filled with people
  • your life-long interest in learning something new all the time ( I still remember the first time you sent me an email in your late eighties) including skateboarding
  • the time you took me to Bambi at the movie theater in Washington
  • the time you took me bowling
  • all of the times you treated me to Sunday Brunch at Sun-N-Fun
  • I miss hearing all of the stories of your life as a child and a young adult and how things have progressed and changed (Some for the better and some for the worst) since then
  • sharing happy hour snack time with you--complete with Grandma's "Etta Dip" and Pringles, Fritos and braunschweiger
  • listening to you talk of your younger days of "fast driving" in your fast cars!
  • tinkering in your garage
  • hearing about all of your ole' fishin' stories
I just simply...

miss you...

but...
I am ever so grateful that I had you in my life for so,
so many years.


Happy Birthday Gramps! Hope you're rockin' it in heaven. Tell Grams and all the others hello!
Hugs,
Your Southpaw Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)