Thursday, March 07, 2013

Little Black Dress March Edition | "A Chance for Luck"

Hi All! Happy Thursday to you! Stopping in with my last design team gallery for Little Black Dress Kit Club. I have enjoyed so very much designing for LBD these past 9 months. Fabulous kits and lovely and talented designers to be affiliated with! So very thankful for the experience and for getting to know better this lovely group of DT ladies. A special thank you to Valerie ONeall and Sarah Beth for all of their behind the scenes help and efforts along the way. Thanks so much and all of the best to you both and to Little Black Dress in the future! :)

Without further delay, here is my March gallery; "A Chance For Lucky":

Just when I thought we might go the whole winter season without any really pretty accumulation of snow, we got lucky and "Old Man Winter" arrived. When I first saw this adorable playing card and the gold covered twigs in the kit, I knew exactly the layout I wanted to create! I first misted on some grey cardstock and then placed the chevron vellum over the top to give the layout a dreamier effect and make the mist splatters appear like the softly fallen snow we had just received. I really like the effect it has as opposed to misting on top of the vellum. Not that I don't like that effect. Just that this was something a little bit different. A change up. ;)




Here's a closeup of the lovely embellishments and stickers in this kit. Loved it all!




A simple card I created with the stitched vellum triangles meant to symbolize deepest sympathy. I really enjoyed that this kit had a nice combination of soft and lovely and some bold and graphic lines! :)



 This layout was my first ever in using a panoramic iPhone pic my DH shot of our newly renovated cabin. I wanted to document what while we've come a long way in the renovation, we aren't quite yet finished but are "Getting There."

 I placed the "You Look Lovely" such that the arrows in the patterned paper would draw one's eye to it as well as then down to my journaling. I often try to incorporate elements into my designs that help lead one's eyes to where I'd like them to focus or to rest on. This is just one example of how I do that.





 This layout was inspired by the awesome Glitz Design patterned paper!! Since the topic was about CHA and finding what things were "On Trend" there, I utilized the paper itself as part of the title work and added stitching to showcase the awesome graphic lines that this paper has. I don't often scrap on the diagonal, so this was a fun challenge for me to step out of my comfort zone a bit. I used mist to paint the vintage camera pink. Just for fun. :)

 Journaling was done with a silver gel pen to not distract from the lines of the layout, but to still ascertain that I got the documentation of this fun event completed. I added more lines to the layout by folding the vellum in a sunburst effect to help draw the eyes to the photo and title work as well.

(*Note: Are you finding yourself tilting your head to look at this? LOL-Sorry! :P ) I really liked that the pp complemented what Shay and I were wearing too. Repetition. Helps strengthen the design.
*Click on any pic to view larger.




And another layout below showcasing some of the awesome new Glitz Design lines. I stamped with Staz On onto the plastic chip and added some machine stitching for added texture without the bulk. Journaling is about our "Sistas' Scrappin' at the Cabin November Birthday(s) Bash" that I host each year. Four out of the 6 of us have birthdays in November. A whole weekend of scrapping, sisterhood, fellowship and fun. Everyone needs a little of that happiness every now and then, right? ;)

 I decided to add another veneer arrow (*not included in the kit) to keep the repetition of the triangle shapes and movement across the layout towards the subtitle.
  
 This little muslin bag (below) prettied right up with the embellishments and trims included in the kit. I love the wood veneers and the mix of pretty trims. A nice balance of masculine and dainty all in one. This bag is going to hold gift cards and a few favorite treats for my hubby in celebration of our wedding anniversary in July. We will be heading to Vegas so I plan to add some lucky "tokens" in there along with a few sentiments about of 18 years as husband and wife. Once he has emptied it out and has used/eaten the contents, I plan to collect and store ephemera from our trip in it. :)



I still have much more of this kit to play with before it is completely maxed out. It really was a fun kit to scrap with! If you haven't already, head on over to Little Black Dress and get yours today! While you are there, please welcome some of the new ladies that are joining the team!!
Take care you.

Suz

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous gallery, have loved seeing what you have created each month with LBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! such a visual treat!! I love visiting your blog and admiring your gorgeous creations..x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)