Friday, March 29, 2013




Hi there! Welcome to the Social {Media} Butterflies March blog Hop!

If you are following along, you should have hopped here from  Kristin T's blog.
If you are just getting started, please start at the beginning of the blog roll with GLITZ DESIGNS by clicking on the link below to see all of this month's inspiration!

BLOG ROLL FOR THIS MONTH:








>>> YOU ARE HERE>>>Suz








SMB site http://socialmediabutterflies-papercrafting.blogspot.com 





This month we Butterflies have been creating with Uncharted Waters from Glitz Design and are so excited to be taking part in in their Uncharted Waters Inspiration Week! Be sure to head over to Glitz Design blog to see all of the inspiration there in addition to our blog hop here.

When I first saw the new Glitz products at CHA in Anaheim, I knew this line was a must have for me. And while I was really fortunate to be able to create a make-and-take there and bring home a few little tidbits of the new scrappy love, I was even more excited to get my order in of some of my faves from this line!

In my first project below, I am showcasing not only the fabulous patterned papers from Uncharted Waters, but several of the washi tapes and the fabulous rubber stamp collection. I love this stamp set! And the date stamp has and will be used several times in my creations, not only on layouts but on my Project Life spreads too! I love that you just circle the date that you want and that the years range from 2000 all the way up to 2019! How cool and useful is that!?

Here is the layout I created with this fabulous line:


*Click on any pic to view larger.

 The anchor sentiment in the 6x6 patterned paper was the inspiration for my layout. I knew I wanted it to take center stage on my layout and to have the wave pattern paper to be it's backdrop; stitched for added texture. I like the effect that my imperfect stitches with my sewing machine made. Kind of a rough/choppy waters effect.
I pop dotted the anchor up for added dimension.
Here's a close up of the awesome calendar stamp:

The theme behind my layout was all about my dear hubby, Mick, (at the time of this picture we had been married almost 17 years) and how he is the anchor in my life. I wanted the layout to showcase how much I appreciate his support and love through the years especially during the times when life traversed us through some rocky waters (deaths in the family, job changes, moves, the day-to-day grind, etc). He was and has always been there for me, helping us navigate through it all. So now, when we actually come upon calm waters, and smoother sailing, the fact that he has been there for me during the tsunamis, the  hurricanes, and the choppy waters of day to day life? Well, the smooth sailing is all the more enjoyable. Appreciated. Cherished. Love him for that

Sailing on, here is a card that I created with a similar theme. This will make a great anniversary card or card to a friend or family member who has been a big help or super supportive. :)
 I used the anchor stamp from the Uncharted Waters rubber stamp collection and stamped it on the wavy patterned paper from the 6x6 Uncharted Waters paper pad. I punched the image out with a circle punch and backed it with a bit of yellow from the same paper pad and then popped it up with 3d foam adhesive. Taking baker's twine, I stitched through the doily and tied a knot.

Typed my sentiment on some more patterned paper and stitched down over the transparency and pink anchor paper and called it done.


I am still playing with all of the scrap goodness of the Glitz Design Uncharted Waters and hope to get a few more designs posted back here soon! 
In the meantime, head on over Jenny's blog, to continue along your way in this month's hop.
I will be posted more pics of my creations on Twitter and Instagram too. You can follow me there at "SuzMannecke" (no spaces). 

Thanks for stopping by. Please be sure to leave a little love for the other talented contributors!!! 
Happy Good Friday all!
Suz

14 comments:

  1. LOVE it Suz, such a great photo of you and the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Suz! I love all the little details! And the card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and super inspirational. I love all of it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page about you and your hubby. Love those stitched waves. The anchor theme is so sweet - makes for a great card to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture Suz! Makes me miss you! love your little details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful layout and card. I love that date stamp too, now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these are awesome! I love the layers on your layout and the doily on your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects! Loving that layout, Great photo and I love the doily on the card, really makes that center piece pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty layout. Love the card and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl this is fabulous, the card is so georgous too, i love that you made it about love rather than the sea :)
    great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the paper and the photo match <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)