But yesterday, I relented. Yesterday I came to grips with the fact that he was going to be a 5th grader in a few weeks, and if a short haircut is what HE wanted, well then, I guess I needed to let go and let him express himself with his hair.
I guess why it was so difficult for me was that:
1. He IS my baby.
2. He has had the white blonde (although darker in recent years) hair for years--the kind that people commented on on a daily basis. Sometimes more than once in a day. His nickname even came about in part because of his white blonde hair.
3. When he does hip hop dancing, his hair just flows and has great movement.
4. He has had longer hair his whole life.
5. The girls love his hair. AS in L-O-V-E.
6. His hairstyle was completely a part of who he is and defined him.
I guess we just NOW decided to change the "Definition" and re-define him.
Here's to re-defining, to letting go, and to embracing the new. Happy Tuesday!
Love this braces-less smirk:
The products & tools: